2021 Nominations Are Now Open
The DevOps Dozen awards are back for their 7th year. Once again we have a DevOps Dozen² awards program which includes two different DevOps Dozen sections each with a dozen awards:
- DevOps Dozen Tools and Services Awards — 12 awards recognizing the companies who develop and deliver outstanding solutions to empower developers, DevOps and IT operations teams.
- DevOps Dozen Community Awards — 12 awards honor the leaders who have made a positive impact in the DevOps community.
There are a dozen awards in each of the two categories. One dozen awards are for DevOps Tools/Services and the companies who develop and sell them. The second dozen categories are DevOps Community awards. They are not meant for DevOps tools/service providers.
Nominees, Finalists and Winners
The way we choose the finalists and, ultimately, the winners of the DevOps Dozen² is again a two-step process. Please see the details, below.
- The nomination phase is now open to the public to nominate candidates for the finals. However, it will work a little differently for the 12 Tools and Services Awards categories than it will for the Community Awards.
- While anyone can nominate a tool or service for the final phase, there is a $250 fee for commercial tools and services to be nominated. This is to cut down on superfluous nominations, which really slow down the whole process. We are only interested in serious tools/services for DevOps. Therefore, only nominate those tools and services that you think truly stand above the rest. All valid nominations made in this category will make it to the finals.
- For the Community Awards, there is no fee to nominate for the finals. We will weed through the nominations and pick the finalists based on those who get the most nominations. COMMERCIAL TOOLS/SERVICES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THE COMMUNITY AWARDS AND WILL NOT MAKE IT THROUGH TO THE FINALS.
- As in years past, a maximum of two entries in each category per IP address will be allowed. Ballot box stuffing and other “gaming” of the spirit of the awards will result in disqualification. MediaOps reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any nomination or finalist if it is shown any impropriety is attempted.
- Once finalists are announced, voting for the winners in all 24 categories will be open to the public.
- Winners will be chosen from among the finalists, with public voting being weighted for 40% of the final total and our judges’ selections for 60% of the weighted total.
- All vendors who nominate their solutions will also automatically be registered into the DevOps Tools Guide authored by MediaOps and Accelerated Strategy Group.
- Finalists for this year’s awards will receive a badge to display on their website and social media with a link to the voting/survey site. Additionally, MediaOps will recognize finalists via articles, video, interviews and other media coverage across the MediaOps network.
- Winners will be announced at the Predict 2021 Virtual Summit and will receive both digital and physical trophies and badges celebrating their achievements. Each winner will be given a three-minute segment to address the audience about their award. Additionally, all winners will be announced and highlighted via MediaOps channels.
Important Dates and Deadlines
- Nominations for all categories via public vote or vendor registration shall open on September 15, 2021.
- Nominations and voting for the first phase will close on October 22, 2021 at 5 pm ET.
- Finalists will be announced/public voting opens on November 1, 2021.
- Public voting ends/judges submissions are due by December 31, 2021.
- DevOps Dozen² winners will be announced at Predict 2022 on January 18, 2022.
The place for all things DevOps Dozen²-related is, and will remain, DevOpsDozen.com. For any information regarding the awards, entry process, deadlines, or other questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Good luck and looking forward to a great DevOps Dozen² this year!
Founder and CEO, MediaOps, Inc.