DevOps Dozen 2021 – Tools and Services Awards Finalists
Congratulations to the honorees!
GitOps is an integral part of the DevOps toolbox. This award is presented to the most outstanding GitOps tool.
- DevOps Solutions and Tools from BMC – DevOps solutions from BMC bridge the gap between developer speed and operational governance, delivering business agility at scale. BMC solutions are optimized to seamlessly work with continuous integration/continuous delivery toolchains to not only help increase velocity but also intelligently reduce risks while highlighting opportunities for further innovations.
- CloudBees Platform – The CloudBees Platform streamlines DevOps, creating self-service, fast and secure workflows that connect software delivery to business outcomes. It also significantly simplifies cross-team communication, improves visibility and management across pipelines, tools and teams and is flexible enough to support applications from monoliths to modern cloud-native microservices.
- Copado – Copado enables customers to accelerate Salesforce time-to-value and demonstrate positive business value within 100 days. Customers using the Copado DevOps 360 platform report an average of 46% increase in yearly ROI from delivering 40% more features, experiencing 75% faster lead times and achieving 100% higher user adoption. Project risk is mitigated with increased governance and compliance resulting in 94% fewer production bugs, 192% faster time-to-recover and thousands of delivery hours saved per year.
- Gitlab 14 – GitLab 14 is a complete DevOps platform with security embedded in it, visibility and insights enabled by its single data store, a seamless experience and an extensible system. By using one platform for source code management, CI, CD, infrastructure as code and security, teams are more efficient, collaborative and productive. Visibility into the key DORA metrics that define DevOps maturity, gives organizations the ability to drive both team performance and competitive edge. GitLab 14 also offers customizable value stream analytics to optimize workflows. Lastly, GitLab 14 enforces security on every commit, providing real-time feedback as development is happening. New vulnerability management capabilities provide the controls and observability needed to protect the software factory and its deliverables.
- ITMethods Managed DevOps SaaS Platform – IT Methods enables the tools and capabilities for enterprise software teams to succeed. The platform offers 45+ DevOps tools, including those from Atlassian, CloudBees, GitHub, GitLab, Sonatype, AWS, Azure and many more as an integrated, managed and seamless toolchain in the cloud.
- JFrog Platform – The JFrog Platform has become the de facto platform for the automation of binary management and releases across the entire software life cycle. The JFrog Platform provides a truly end-to-end, universal binary repository with security, CI/CD, software distribution, extended metadata and edge device management all in a single, cost-effective, scalable solution that can be self-managed or hosted, on-premises, in the cloud or hybrid using AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud.
- Pulumi Registry – Pulumi Registry enables developers and infrastructure teams to apply “share and reuse” software principles to the modern cloud. Through this developer-first approach, Pulumi now brings the full benefits of a software supply chain (e.g., dependency management, versioning, auditing, etc.) to cloud software.
This award recognizes research that has significantly and positively impacted the DevOps community.
- Argo CD for the Enterprise – Argo CD is a declarative, GitOps-centric continuous delivery tool for Kubernetes. Argo CD follows the GitOps pattern of using Git repositories as the source of truth for defining the desired application state. Argo enables management of clusters, directs workflow execution and helps software delivery teams to get more done with Kubernetes. Argo CD also provides the functionality a developer needs, including a real-time user interface (UI), command line interface (CLI) and APIs.
- Fleet – Fleet is GitOps at scale, designed to manage up to one million clusters. It’s lightweight enough that it also works with a single cluster, but it really shines when you scale. Large scale can be either many clusters, many deployments or many teams. Fleet can manage Git deployments of raw Kubernetes YAML, Helm charts, Kustomize or any combination of the three. Regardless of the source, all resources are dynamically turned into Helm charts and Helm is used as the engine to deploy everything in the cluster. This gives you a high degree of control, consistency and auditability.
- Red Hat OpenShift GitOps – Red Hat OpenShift GitOps takes a developer-centric approach to building applications, using the Git repository as the single source of truth for both developers and operations teams. Based on the open source Argo CD project, OpenShift GitOps enables IT teams to implement GitOps workflows for cluster configuration and application delivery.
- Weave GitOps Core – Weave GitOps enables an effective GitOps workflow for continuous delivery of applications into Kubernetes clusters. It is based on CNCF Flux, a leading GitOps engine.
This award recognizes the best CI/CD tool that helps create a solid pipeline to deliver quality code more quickly.
- Buildkite – Buildkite offers an unlimited ability to scale and run thousands of automation jobs at once. Buildkite is the fastest and most secure way to test and deploy software at any scale.
- CircleCI – Writing software and delivering it is still an incredibly complex process, but CircleCI automates that complexity so teams can focus on solving problems for users. Its mission is to allow developers to build faster and more accurately to speed up time to innovation.
- CloudBees CI – With CloudBees’ centralized management, users can rapidly onboard teams, automate multiple pipelines, embed best practices across workflows and empower teams to run their own Jenkins instances while ensuring security, governance and compliance are met.
- The BMC Compuware ISPW Solution – The Compuware ISPW solution is a source code management (SCM) system which enables continuous integration and continuous delivery in mainframe environments. It gives organizations the confidence to build, test and deploy software on the mainframe quickly and efficiently.
- Torque – Torque is a SaaS platform delivering infrastructure automation at scale for complex, application-centric environments on cloud technologies including AWS and Azure.
Value stream management has come into its own as an important tool for measuring the business value of DevOps and application development. This award recognizes the value stream management tool that most effectively helps visualize the value stream, track metrics and measure improvement.
- Allstacks’ Value Stream Intelligence Platform – This platform helps companies predict what will happen during a software development project, enabling software leaders to effectively communicate with product stakeholders and align on business outcomes. Allstacks focuses on outcome analytics, using their technology to help customers find answers to complex questions.
- CloudBees Platform – This is an end-to-end, integrated platform that provides a single solution for continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD), value stream analytics, feature management (FM), release orchestration and continuous compliance. Using CloudBees Platform, users can view and analyze their software delivery process from end to end, leveraging DORA metrics to drive improvement across teams.
- ConnectALL – ConnectALL, a leader in value stream management solutions and services, offers an unparalleled value stream management platform that enables software teams and other stakeholders to see, measure and automate their entire value stream by connecting people, tools and technology. ConnectALL’s primary goal is to empower companies and their users to make meaningful connections by seeing the value in what they are delivering via value stream management, enabling them to optimize these connections.
- Digital.ai VSM Platform – Purpose-built for the enterprise, the Digital.ai platform is an end-to-end value stream platform that offers AI-powered analytics, enhanced insights into value streams, unrivaled release management, risk management and software delivery predictability, strong integration and collaboration with leading DevOps tools and pre-built, smart integrations for hundreds of solutions.
- Plutora – Plutora orchestrates release pipelines across a diverse ecosystem of development methodologies, manages hybrid test environments, correlates data from existing toolchains and incorporates test metrics gathered at every step. The Plutora platform ensures organizational alignment of software development with business strategy and provides visibility, analytics and a system of insight into the entire value stream, guiding continuous improvement through the measured outcomes of each effort.
- Tasktop Viz – Tasktop’s value stream management platform provides real-time visibility into the health of product value streams, allowing leaders to make better decisions and align with business goals. Tasktop’s value stream management platform sits above the entire toolchain, integrating all the underlying tools and objectively measuring flow. Within days, Tasktop’s customers are able to identify bottlenecks that are causing months-long delays, allowing them to resolve those bottlenecks and get the right products to market more quickly.
- ValueOps from Broadcom – ValueOps from Broadcom delivers a major leap forward in how business and IT leaders can align priorities, capacity, progress and results across the enterprise. The first solution to extend the concept of a value stream beyond DevOps and operational roles, ValueOps from Broadcom delivers on the promise of VSM by combining business and investment-oriented product management with advanced operationally-focused Agile planning and management capabilities.
This award recognizes the best observability solution for observing and monitoring performance logs and metrics to understand the performance of individual components and systems.
- Honeycomb – Used by high-performance engineering teams so they can quickly understand what their code does in the hands of real users in unpredictable and highly complex cloud environments. Using Honeycomb’s service level objectives (SLOs), organizations can align business and engineering goals to provide fast, reliable and great customer experiences.
- Lightrun – Today’s systems are written in multiple programming languages, run on virtualized hardware and are often heavily coupled with specific cloud environments that can’t be debugged locally. Lightrun’s IDE-native platform shifts observability to the left—back into the hands of developers—and gives them deeper insights into running applications. Boasting the richest set of observability pillar tools for observing applications directly from within the IDE, Lightrun simplifies every aspect of incident resolution across today’s cloud-native, polyglot system realities.
- Logz.io – Logz.io is a leading cloud-native observability platform that enables DevOps teams to gain detailed visibility into their most pressing issues related to the performance and optimization of cloud applications and infrastructure. Logz.io is built on massively adopted, best-of-breed open source monitoring tools—including ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana (ELK), Prometheus and Jaeger. Logz.io also includes human-powered AI/ML features to improve troubleshooting and reduce incident response and remediation. In addition to its observability platform, Logz.io offers a fully cloud-native SIEM.
- Moogsoft – The Moogsoft intelligent observability platform allows DevOps practitioners and SREs to experience the benefits of observability in minutes, not months, and at their own pace. With Moogsoft One View, you no longer have to look at your monitoring tools in silos. Moogsoft allows you to easily integrate your entire tool stack and combine all your alerts into a single place. This allows for a faster diagnosis and the streamlining of operations.
- New Relic One – New Relic enhanced the capabilities of the New Relic One platform this year through the launch of New Relic Explorer and New Relic AIOps. New Relic Explorer provides developers with an intuitive experience for visualizing and exploring all of their telemetry data, regardless of source, from infrastructure hosts to mobile apps, distributed services to cloud APIs and everything in between. New Relic AIOps allows engineers to instantly detect unusual changes by spotting anomalies across applications, services and logs—thus preventing potential problems and negative impact on the tech stack.
- Retrace – Retrace full life cycle APM leverages end-to-end, code-level observability across hybrid, cloud and on-premises environments to capture the key metrics DevOps teams need most to understand the performance of applications, individual components and systems.
- Splunk Observability Portfolio – True observability solutions have become vital for business success, helping IT and DevOps teams keep their cloud environments running smoothly with faster decision-making and the ability to react to crises. Splunk Observability portfolio ensures that Splunk customers never miss an outlier or anomaly, even in the most complex, ephemeral environments. With unified metrics, traces and logs—collected without sampling, analyzed in real-time and at any scale—Splunk helps IT and DevOps teams turn data into doing.
- Sumo Logic Continuous Intelligence Platform for Application Observability – End-to-end observability is designed to provide visibility and actionable insight into systems so IT teams can proactively find and fix issues before users notice them. However, enterprise companies running multiple systems across various tech stacks makes getting that key data difficult—resulting in a potentially poor user experience. Sumo Logic prevents this by offering visibility into a wide range of application components, including third-party products such as web servers, messaging systems and databases—resulting in faster issue resolution and root cause analysis.
- VMware Tanzu Observability – Tanzu Observability is an enterprise-wide monitoring platform designed for operations and development teams. It monitors everything from full-stack applications to cloud infrastructure alongside metrics, traces, event logs and analytics. Tanzu Observability provides flexibility and functionality to open source investments, helps operations, development and SRE teams solve problems faster and extends observability into the DevOps workflow.
This award honors the best DevSecOps solution, which enables security to be included earlier and continuously throughout the SDLC.
- ArmorCode – Application security posture management, DevSecOps orchestration and continuous compliance are three key AppSec needs. ArmorCode’s platform simplifies software security by consolidating these three key needs into a single intelligent platform that minimizes tooling and alerts while maximizing agility, efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Cobalt – Cobalt is pioneering the next wave of innovation for DevSecOps with its pentest-as-a-service (PtaaS) platform. PtaaS allows organizations of all sizes to manage scalable, efficient pentests with on-demand access to expert security talent via a modern SaaS delivery platform. PtaaS enables modern DevSecOps teams to both test and secure their code faster, allowing teams to move quickly without sacrificing security in the SDLC.
- Dynatrace Software Intelligence Platform – A platform for all stages of DevSecOps, Dynatrace helps organizations release better software faster and more securely. Composed of modules for infrastructure monitoring, applications and microservices, application security, digital experience, business analytics and cloud automation, the Dynatrace platform helps digital teams manage DevSecOps use cases and provides a time-to-market, efficiency and cost of ownership advantage over general purpose data analytics solutions.
- JFrog XRay – With its recent acquisitions of Vdoo and Upswift, JFrog has expanded its impact and expertise in the areas of cybersecurity, DevSecOps, secure device fleet management and IoT. JFrog Xray integrates into a developer’s workstream, helping them seamlessly discover and remediate vulnerabilities, achieve shorter release cycles and reduce security risk.
- ForAllSecure Mayhem for Code – ForAllSecure Mayhem for Code is an advanced fuzz testing solution that dramatically reduces manual testing efforts with autonomous defect detection and validation. The Mayhem Bot learns new vulnerabilities specific to each app, creates a PoV exploit and ensures that the vulnerability is reproducible. Mayhem then labels the vulnerability, providing CWE and other metadata. ForAllSecure Mayhem for Code also learns how to test any previously untested code (changes, fixes), measures the impact a proposed fix has on security and also ensures it does not break functionality.
- Stacklet Platform – Stacklet Platform is the first cloud governance-as-code platform based on the open source Cloud Custodian project. Stacklet Platform allows cloud engineering and security teams to easily understand, codify and automate cloud governance for a frictionless experience for development teams and rapid cloud adoption. Developed by the creators and lead maintainers of Cloud Custodian, Stacklet Platform lets organizations simultaneously move fast and stay secure as they adopt public cloud services.
- Zimperium’s Mobile Application Protection Suite (MAPS) – Zimperium provides the only unified solution that combines comprehensive in-app protection with centralized threat visibility. Zimperium’s MAPS helps organizations integrate security into their mobile application life cycle. The platform helps minimize vulnerabilities introduced during development and enables self-defense capabilities once the app is published. The platform seamlessly integrates with DevOps workflows to achieve automation and scale.
Testing is a mainstay in the DevOps toolchain, and this award recognizes the most popular testing tool for ensuring the quality of code release.
- Applitools – Case study with EVERFI
Applitools was built to help companies release, test and monitor flawless mobile, web and native apps in a fully automated way. Founded in 2013, Applitools uses sophisticated AI-powered image processing technology to ensure that an application appears correctly and functions properly on all mobile devices, browsers, operating systems and screen sizes.
- Copado Robotic Testing – This tool is designed for testing enterprise cloud applications and business processes for all major enterprise software platforms, including Oracle, SAP and Microsoft. It enables business users, non-technical testers and technical testers to productively collaborate on testing, thus reducing overlapping and repeated efforts and reducing the time needed for testing.
- Coverity Static Analysis – Coverity® is a fast, accurate and highly scalable static application security tool (SAST) solution that helps development and security teams address security and quality defects early in the software development life cycle.
- Cyara Automated CX Assurance Platform – Case Study with Blue Shield of California
The award-winning Cyara Automated CX Assurance Platform enables companies to deliver better CX with less effort, cost and risk. Cyara supports the entire CX software development life cycle from design to functional and regression testing, load testing and production monitoring, ensuring enterprises can build flawless customer journeys across voice and digital channels.
- mabl – Mabl makes DevOps possible with a low-code user interface that allows the entire DevOps pipeline to collaborate on testing and AI-backed auto-healing that allows tests to automatically adapt to rapidly changing applications.
- ForAllSecure Mayhem for API – Up and running in just five minutes, ForAllSecure Mayhem for API is an easy-to-use API testing solution that maintains an organization’s velocity by combining API performance, reliability and security results through continuous testing practices. ForAllSecure Mayhem for API uses fuzz testing to secure APIs from SQL injections, command injections, authentication bypasses, server side request forgeries and DoS attacks.
- ReversingLabs Software Assurance Service – Available through Secure Software, the service provides a proactive and transparent approach to understanding the threats that exist within software. Built on the foundation of ReversingLabs Titanium Platform, this new easy-to-use, on-demand offering inspects software packages before their release, deployment or adoption. Product teams simply upload software packages requiring analysis via a secure channel to Secure Software. Once complete, ReversingLabs analyzes, interprets and provides guidance.
- The BMC Compuware Topaz Solution – In the world of mainframe DevOps, automated testing is crucial to meet the need for continuous integration and continuous delivery. The BMC Compuware Topaz for Total Test solution allows mainframe development teams to find and fix bugs earlier through shift left automated testing. This increases the effectiveness and coverage of software testing, leading to fewer bottlenecks in the software delivery pipeline, lower failure rates and higher quality software.
The adoption of containers has paved the way for an entire solutions ecosystem supporting and enhancing the container technology. Kubernetes is perhaps the most widely recognized and utilized. This award honors the most reliable and secure Kubernetes platform available.
- Akka Serverless – Akka Serverless is based on a new architecture that removes the historical limitations preventing the development of general-purpose, business-critical applications using the serverless model. Akka Serverless enables the creation of cloud-native apps using any programming language and eliminates the need for databases in deploying business-critical applications.
- D2iQ Kubernetes Platform (DKP) – D2iQ Kubernetes Platform (DKP) is the foundation of D2iQ’s business. Consisting of Konvoy, Kommander and Kaptain, DKP provides a complete arsenal of technologies allowing users access to open source Kubernetes, cloud-native workloads and the entire cloud-native ecosystem. DKP’s recent 2.0 update includes architectural changes and the adoption of CNCF projects, Cluster API and FluxCD. Version 2.0 enables users to improve provisioning and post-provisioning life cycle management and manage different types of Kubernetes distributions from one central point of control—on-premises, hybrid cloud, multi-cloud and air-gapped.
- ionir Kubernetes Container-Native Enterprise Storage – ionir provides a container-native storage and data management platform for Kubernetes that combines high-performance, software-defined storage and data management with data mobility. Customers can build a single data cloud for their applications across all of their infrastructure. ionir’s platform also ensures data is better protected. In addition to data mobility, ionir allows data to be restored instantly to any point in time, simplifying data restoration and recovery while eliminating the need for complex, time-consuming snapshots.
- Kasten K10 – Kasten K10 v4.5 from Veeam is the leading purpose-built data management solution for Kubernetes. Kasten K10 makes backing up or migrating cloud-native applications simple and secure in any scenario, regardless of an organizations’ unique cloud operations or choice of cloud providers and integrated services. Kasten delivers data management tools including auto-application discovery, policy-driven automation and built-in compliance monitoring. These backup, restore, disaster recovery and migration functions enable Kasten to carve out a unique space in data management, solving a major issue as enterprises flock to Kubernetes.
- Rafay Systems-Kubernetes Operations Platform – Rafay built its Kubernetes operations platform to be the industry’s first and only SaaS offering that unifies life cycle management requirements for both the Kubernetes infrastructure and modern applications. The platform delivers a broad set of automation, security, visibility and governance capabilities needed by enterprise platform and operations teams.
- SUSE Rancher 2.6 – SUSE Rancher is 100% open source and free from vendor lock-in, giving users the flexibility and ability to manage their containers across any certified Kubernetes distribution. SUSE Rancher helps IT professionals address the operational and security challenges of managing certified Kubernetes clusters in the data center, in the cloud and at the edge. It also provides DevOps teams with integrated tools for building and running containerized workloads at scale.
- The BMC Helix Platform – The BMC Helix Platform enables agile DevOps organizations to maximize the agility of delivery and the overall quality of service while ensuring governance and compliance as they pursue their digital transformation initiatives. By natively integrating core, industry-leading ITSM capabilities, BMC Helix delivers service management excellence with the agile, collaborative speed required for modern development and operational success.
- Zerto for Kubernetes – Z4K is the only solution to provide continuous data protection-based backup (CDP) and disaster recovery (DR) integrated into the application deployment life cycle for containerized applications to enable data protection-as-code. By adding Zerto’s CDP to the Kubernetes control plane, an organization’s containers will be protected from data loss and downtime—even in the case of user errors, malicious activity or infrastructure failures—without having to worry about backup windows or external services.
The cloud-native movement has been steadily gaining ground as more organizations recognize the benefits of building applications and services specifically for cloud-native environments. This award recognizes the best solutions and services considered cloud-native.
- Contrast Serverless Application Security – Contrast Serverless Application Security is designed specifically for cloud-native and serverless application development. Developers can automatically detect security vulnerabilities directly within serverless environments and validate and prioritize alert test results for remediation. Contrast improves serverless security operational efficiencies up to 50% while accelerating development release cycles. The Contrast solution maps all resources within the environment, executes static code scans and simulates tailored dynamic attacks. It automatically validates and prioritizes test results, eliminating false positives and alert fatigue.
- NeuVector – The NeuVector cloud-native Kubernetes security solution equips DevOps and DevSecOps teams with a comprehensive end-to-end platform for securing modern container infrastructures. Deployed as a container itself, NeuVector enables DevOps transformation by providing full life cycle container security—with complete vulnerability management across the entire CI/CD pipeline. NeuVector also provides production-grade container security at runtime. By offering the industry’s only Layer 7 container firewall—it is also able to block zero-day attacks and other threats.
- Styra Declarative Authorization Service (DAS) – Offers a comprehensive authorization management solution that extends automated policy guardrails across every layer of cloud application platforms. Built on open source and declarative by design, it provides a turnkey Open Policy Agent control plane to mitigate risk, reduce human error and accelerate development.
- Deepfence ThreatStryker – Builds on the attack surface and gathers rich runtime signals using cloud-native deep packet inspection (DPI) to give unprecedented visibility on this front. ThreatStryker then correlates these runtime signals with measured attack surface and deploys fine-grained, targeted remediation to prevent the spread of threats and stop attackers in their tracks, all this without proxies, intrusive agents or any inline components.
- Traceable AI – Traceable recently introduced the industry’s first free API security solution. Unique in its offering, Traceable’s free API security solution enables developers and security operations teams to get started improving the API security of their applications without the need for budgetary approval. With this new offering, Traceable AI aims to enable everyone to make progress on solving the API security crisis.
Mainframes are far from being the dinosaur of the IT world, and a variety of solutions are available for enabling DevOps practices in mainframe environments. This award recognizes the best of them.
- Ansible for IBM Z – The Ansible for IBM Z team has released the Red Hat Ansible Certified Content for IBM Z which provides an automation solution for managing z/OS nodes across the entire enterprise. It allows DevOps engineers an orchestration solution for traditional tasks like configuration, deployment, application provisioning and direct interaction with z/OS resources, as well as integration with existing platform tools. Engineers can manage and automate the IBM Z Platform by leveraging the Ansible engine which uses today’s standard languages, like Python, to build processes against z/OS.
- IBM Developer for z/OS Enterprise Edition – IBM Developer for z/OS Enterprise Edition (IDzEE) is a popular integrated development environment (IDE) on z/OS. IDzEE increases the productivity of programmers and eases the transition for new developers to the platform. In a highly competitive market, IDzEE remains strategic through the integration of key capabilities including shift left testing and pipeline automation to help clients accelerate their DevOps adoption.
- BMC Compuware Topaz Suite – BMC Compuware Topaz is a modern Agile platform of mainframe development and testing tools that integrates into your DevOps toolchain. The suite includes Topaz for Enterprise Data, Topaz for Program Analysis, Topaz for Total Test, and Topaz Workbench. Taken together, the Topaz suite provides the tools that next generation developers need to enable Agile on the mainframe. BMC Compuware Topaz empowers any developer, regardless of experience, to understand and work on any program, no matter how old or complex, so an organization can maintain and innovate from its base of mainframe investments.
- Zowe – Part of the Linux Foundation’s Open Mainframe Project, Zowe is a modern, open source interface that foundationally modernizes access to the Z platform, thereby opening the mainframe to the world of DevOps. The first open source project for z/OS, Zowe enables teams to treat mainframes like any other platforms allowing them to use popular, off-platform DevOps tools and frameworks. Mainframe teams can now collaborate with their enterprise IT counterparts to choose tools from the best of both worlds, creating their own mainframe DevOps toolchains. The current ecosystem offers close to 60 conformant mainframe products and services that can be integrated into, orchestrated and automated by off-platform tools.
Databases often have been left out of the DevOps conversation, but that is changing. This award recognizes the best solution to enable organizations to apply DevOps processes and practices to database development and management.
- Couchbase Server 7.0 – Couchbase Server was developed to meet the database requirements of today’s massively interactive enterprises. It marries the best aspects of relational databases with the flexibility of a modern database, allowing enterprises to confidently accelerate strategic initiatives such as more quickly moving business-critical applications into the cloud, improving application flexibility and increasing developer agility. Now it’s easier than ever for developers to migrate their monolithic applications of the past into modern microservices that meet the current and future demands of enterprise organizations.
- MinIO – Open source MinIO, licensed under GNU AGPLv3, unifies the storage layer, allowing DevOps teams to build processes and automation around data that seamlessly exists in disparate locations and clouds—AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, IBM, Tanzu, OpenShift, K3S on developer laptops, Teslas and 5G POPs. Any application can get data from MinIO—no matter where the data exists.
- Redis Enterprise – Redis Enterprise was born in the cloud-native era. Its automation capabilities and integrations with popular tools enable DevOps teams to deploy and manage their data layer just as they do with application code with less overhead, operational burden and, ultimately, deliver their products with a faster time-to-market.
- Starburst Galaxy – Starburst Galaxy is a fully managed SaaS service that provides fast and secure access to all of the data within an organization. Starburst Galaxy makes it possible to perform analytics anywhere, without painful data movement and data duplication. Starburst Galaxy enables users to analyze data in a data lake, data warehouse or both. It is a fully automated, cloud-native platform designed for people who want to analyze data using the tools they already know.
- The BMC AMI SQL Performance for Db2® Solution – Case study with Dillard’s – BMC delivers a modern solution designed for a new generation of mainframe developers. It eliminates wasteful SQL statements, manages performance throughout the application life cycle and audits privileged access to reduce risk. Additionally, it rapidly diagnoses performance problems, tracks them to their source and tunes SQL while anticipating and resolving slowdowns. This helps to avoid bad SQL, bad access paths and costly CPU upgrades.
- TigerGraph Cloud – TigerGraph Cloud is the industry’s first and only distributed native graph database-as-a-service (DBaaS) to help businesses harness the power of the graph. TigerGraph Cloud eliminates the need to set up, configure or manage servers, schedule backups or look for security vulnerabilities. It also enables users to scale their graph solution up to tens of terabytes and support more than 100,000 real-time deep link analytics queries per second on a single machine.
- Toad® DevOps Toolkit – Toad® DevOps Toolkit makes it easy to integrate Oracle database change management into your DevOps workflow—without compromising quality, performance or reliability. Toad DevOps Toolkit works in conjunction with automation tools like Jenkins, Bamboo and Team Foundation Server to include database development and deployment steps as part of your existing CI/CD processes—removing the database bottleneck and speeding project completion.
This award recognizes the service provider or tool that has brought the most innovation to the DevOps space in the past year.
- ArmorCode – A next-generation application security platform that consolidates three key AppSec needs—application security posture management, DevSecOps orchestration and continuous compliance—into a single intelligent platform. The platform enables companies to consolidate application security tooling, streamline application security processes, increase business agility and improve developer productivity.
- Citrix App Delivery and Security Service – This is a simple cloud-based application delivery and security service for DevOps teams. It is an intent-based application delivery and security service that is self-healing, continuously optimizing and internet-aware. The service is built to conform to four human principles: “intent-based,” “always learning,” “always adapting” and “always protecting.”
- Cortex – The Cortex platform enables the development of higher-quality software and helps engineering leaders drive the adoption of developer best practices. The platform features an automatic onboarding workflow that scans all potential microservices sources, discovers the microservices, maps metadata to them and infers critical information such as ownership and on-call rotations.
- FireHydrant – FireHydrant offers a reliability platform for teams of all sizes. With FireHydrant, businesses can better manage and learn from incidents. FireHydrant’s goal is to provide every company that builds or operates software to achieve 100% reliability.
- Glasnostic – Glasnostic is a dedicated control layer that makes complex cloud environments resilient and secure. It allows DevOps, SRE and platform teams to see what is going on in their systems, maximize reliability and enforce essential security.
- Jellyfish DevOps Metrics – Jellyfish DevOps Metrics allows software development and DevOps teams to track and optimize software delivery by automating measurement of change lead time, deployment frequency, mean-time-to-restore and change failure rate—key metrics for elite-performing engineering teams.
- Kong Konnect Cloud – Kong Konnect Cloud is a service connectivity platform designed for cloud-native applications. It enables developers and other roles to accelerate, automate and secure service connectivity across all of their APIs and microservices. By applying the proven principles of DevOps and GitOps to the API and microservices lifecycle, Kong Konnect Cloud supports APIOps principles, which enable continuous testing, integration and deployment for faster time to market and automated governance at each stage.
- Nobl9 – Nobl9 is the first platform purpose-built to make Service Level Objectives (SLOs) the centerpiece of DevOps and reliability engineering. Nobl9 makes SLO definition achievable for enterprises while providing a path forward for interoperability of SLO data with the greater ecosystem of application performance monitoring and cloud infrastructure. Nobl9 eliminates the top five challenges to SLO adoption (integration, data, alerting, math and cultural) and helps enterprises more easily adopt SLOs to bring a scientific, data-based metric to service reliability.